Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Journal Entry from 01/16/12 to 01/22/12 - Goals

January 16-22, 2012 It makes sense!
So, in our district meeting we decided to have a goal to have 20 lessons a week, which in turn we are promised one baptism a month. We have averaged 7 lessons a week. They also wanted us to have shorter more frequent lessons with investigators. So, in weekly planning, Gunnell and I said we are doin it! We have faith that it can be done. EVERY SINGLE appointment fell through on Tuesday, including a dinner appointment....Well what the heck? We also had Friday filled up with meetings and a baptism so we wouldn't teach anyone that day either. It was really stressful. A good lesson that we were preparing for also didn't happen. Every planned thing fell through because of various reasons. What the heck are we supposed to do now? We had our Friday meeting with Elder Peiper and instructed that we needed to be finding and teaching the elect. Well, in the back of our minds we knew our investigators haven't truly been progressing. It makes sense to me now because during that meeting we both thought we had to drop most all of our investigators and go back to finding.
Finding really is not one of the funnest things in the world. And it certainly tested my faith. Sad to say I felt like that father in the New Testament who asks Christ, "Help Thou mine unbelief." I know what I know, and to doubt that we could be successful in tracting is the opposite of faith. Then I read how Christ reminds the apostles about how 5 loaves and fishes fed thousands of people and asked why they were hardening their hearts to other miracles. I guess that's what we all do sometimes and none of us have perfect faith. Saturday by far has been the hardest because I did not want to be faithless but believing. Sunday, I felt a renewed strength and I know that it comes through the faith and prayers of my loved ones. But these next 6 weeks are going to be some faith building experiences. I am just ready to teach someone. I know I have things that I need to learn, but I want to be helping someone else and not just myself. All in the Lord's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment